People needed to for a range volunteer opportunities at NMLL
NMLL provides accredited and pre-accredited English classes and Digital Literacy classes to the local CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse) community. NMLL also have a strong community development program which aims to engage our local culturally and linguistically diverse community in a variety of ways. In particular, NMLL’s community development activities aim to enhance and work with our community’s strengths, interests and addressing priority issues.
NMLL encourages the community to support us through various volunteering roles. These vary from classroom support, event planning & support as well as roles like administration, marketing
We have two recruitment intakes a year for volunteers; these usually occur during the months of March and October. We encourage you to apply if you are interested in volunteer roles outlined
More information on volunteering at NMLL see the “Volunteer Handbook” here
To apply to be a Volunteer at NMLL you can:
- Download the Volunteer Application Form here and send the completed form with your most current CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your application attention to the Community Development Coordinator.
- View position descriptions for Classroom Support Volunteers(4-8 roles), Event Support Volunteers (2 roles) and/or Volunteer Program Support Volunteer (1 role). Short-listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview with our Community Development Coordinator. Please note that applications will be assessed against the Selection Criteria as they are received and interviews conducted as applications are received by NMLL during the advertised intake periods
- Click below for more details about the specific NMLL volunteer opportunities
Live-experience Research Advisors (LERA)
Classroom Support Volunteers
We are seeking enthusiastic and open-minded volunteers to work with NMLL English Teachers to deliver their planned lesson to adults from diverse cultural backgrounds to learn English. The support required from Classroom Support Volunteers will include:
- Working directly with individuals or groups of students to deliver planned activities and curriculum
- Developing classroom resources for the planned lessons
- Assisting with other Administrative tasks as directed by the Teacher
This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to gain direct work experience and knowledge in an accredited and pre-accredited English classroom environment under the guidance of a qualified English Teacher. It also provides individuals with opportunities to learn about other cultures whilst assisting members of the local community with their English language skills.
Classroom Support volunteers will commit to volunteer for 3 hours per week (usually Mon-Wed mornings) for a minimum of 6 months during school terms.
Volunteer Support Program Volunteer
We are seeking expressions of interest from members within the community who are interested in supporting the NMLL Volunteer Program. This role would ideally suit someone who has either had previous volunteer coordination experience or who is interested in pursuing this as a career path.
The Volunteer Support Program Volunteers will assist the Community Development Coordinator to support NMLL’s current volunteer pool, expand our volunteer reach and deliver a range of activities and professional development workshops to NMLL volunteers
Event/Program Support Volunteers
We are seeking enthusiastic and open-minded volunteers to work with the Community Development team to plan and deliver a range of cultural events and activities.
- Plan and deliver the Community Harvest Festival planned for April 20 2018
- Coordinate stall
holders/suppliersparticipating in the Community Harvest Festival
- Prepare a range of marketing and promotion materials that will be distributed to NMLL networks and local community members as well as engaging media outlets and implementing social marketing strategies
- Set-up and pack down for the Community Harvest Festival
After the delivery of the Community Harvest Festival Event/Program Support Volunteers will be able to support the CD team to deliver a range of other CD activities such as meetings, excursions, workshops, consultations.
Event/Program Support Volunteers will work closely with the Community Development Worker. However, they will also be expected to work with other members of the CD team and NMLL staff members.
Administration Assistant Volunteers
We are seeking volunteers to support the work of the NMLL Administration team, who are skilled and enthusiastic about working with people from diverse cultures. The purpose of the Administration Assistant Volunteer is to provide on the job experience of a functioning office and to perform specific Administration tasks. We especially encourage people from our local culturally diverse community who have had previous Administration and or office experience in their country of origin to apply for this volunteer role. The ability to speak English and at least one other language will be highly regarded for this volunteer role.
The Administration Assistant Volunteer will work closely with the Administration Team, Education and Compliance Coordinator and General Manager. The Administration Assistant Volunteer will also be expected to work with other NMLL staff members