NMLL was formed in 1989 by a group of concerned local residents and representatives from various local agencies.
With funding from ACFE their aim was to assist Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) residents of North Melbourne by providing English classes. By providing relevant and easy to understand information about services, they were also able to help these residents connect with local agencies.
NMLL is a registered Neighbourhood House and is continuously expanding its Community Development Program to empower the CALD communities of North Melbourne to be more confident and able.
To give adult residents of North Melbourne the language and learning needed to build a better life for themselves and their families.
NMLL will be North Melbourne’s leading centre for the CALD Community, recognised for enriching and empowering the lives of the people it serves.
We value and are committed to:
- Compassion: sensitive, understanding and caring in our service of each other and all people;
- Integrity: honest, accountable, transparent and ethical in all our work and relationships;
- Respect: treating each person as we expect to be treated; offering acceptance and support in the face of challenges;
- Perseverance: finding effective, innovative and sustainable ways to fulfil our mission and vision;
- Diversity: building social cohesion by creating opportunities for inter-cultural experiences between people of all ages, gender and cultural background;
- Celebration; recognising and celebrating the efforts and achievements of our students and participants, their families and our staff and volunteers.
ABN: 91 844 560 623
TOID (RTO Number): 6410
Incorporated association number: A 00 23 899P
Partners and Funding Bodies: