Committee of Management
NMLL is administered by a volunteer Committee of Management, responsible for setting the policies that guide the work of the centre. Committee members include local residents and community sector workers.
Management Committee Meetings are held a minimum of six times each year. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held each year in May.
All Victorian organisations, including NMLL, must comply with Commonwealth and State human rights legislation such as:
- Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic)
- Working With Children Act 2005 (Vic)
- AQTF Essential Conditions and Standards for Initial Registration 2013
- AQTF Essential Conditions and Standards for Continuing Registration 2013
- VRQA Guidelines for VET Providers
- Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012
- Disability Act 2006 (Vic)
- Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic)
- Neighbourhood Houses and Adult Community Education Centres Collective Agreement 2016 (Adult & Community Education Employees)
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic)
- Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014
- Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Commonwealth), including Schedule 1 of the Act: the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs)
- Public Records Act 1973 (Victoria), including the General Retention & Disposal Authority for the Records of Higher and Further Education Institutions
- Racial and Religious Tolerance Act 2001
- Education and Training Reform Act 2006
- Child Wellbeing and Safety Act 2005 (Vic)
- Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trade Act 2012
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010
The General Manager is accountable for implementing the programs and direction agreed upon by the Committee of Management and ensuring that all policies and standards are followed. Staff are organised into three key groups: Teaching, Community Development and Administration.
Strategic Plan and